Monday, July 4, 2011

alone again
another night of sitting
the girls are asleep
the air conditioner hums
the wine sits patiently
in my glass

alone again
cars come and go
down the street
a dog barks
music is playing
and people laugh
together

alone again
the lights are off
except a few
to save on electricity
and the laundry
is piled on the floor
but that’s as far
as it gets
tonight

alone again
waiting for the night
to take me
to put me under
to help me forget
all the nights
i have sat here
waiting
for no-one
to come

alone again
with my memories
and my aches
sipping wine
while i stare
at nothing

alone again
why must i be
alone again
all my lovers
have faded away
into the mist
where i cannot
follow
or even find
my way

alone again
and lonely this time
just one conversation
and a whiff of her perfume
would fill my
lonely mind
with a thousand smiles
and i should not be
alone again
for a while

No comments:

Post a Comment