Thursday, June 30, 2011

dear Margaret Atwood,

i know you are a busy person with more important things to do
so i am asking this question with the utmost respect for you.

would you be so kind as to read some of my poems located here:

http://thenowhereman-timbateman.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2011-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&updated-max=2012-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=13

i would love to have some feedback from you
on your thoughts
or criticisms.
i am not published but i have such a love
of the English language
as it allows me to break so many rules
in order to express
the innermost secrets
of my soul.
i am in love with poetry and
if i may say
i really love
your poems

either way
thank you
for your time
regards

TB

and Margaret replies:

Note: For legal reasons, Ms. Atwood does not read ANY unpublished material. Please do not forward any unpublished work to any of the above addresses.

so i protest
i did not know
that poetry
had a hierarchy
of acceptance :(


and Margaret replies:

Oh yes it does. Indeed in
this realm, I am the Master and
you are the slave. Go and do
your bidding, the way I did
at the age of sixteen, I think, when
gazing at the mirror with the candle
light beside me, I looked into my own
eyes. There behold, is my perfect soul.

so i look Margaret Atwood
in the eye
and i say
the only thing
that i think
would be appropriate
for the occasion

yes ma’am.

No comments:

Post a Comment