Wednesday, June 8, 2011

free
i am free
i stand at the crossroads
my choices are before me
free

free to remember
your face in my mind
see you smiling
so brightly
with hope in your eyes
and the promise
of a new day
in the land
of lovers
lost in blue

free to scream
at the stars
all my pain
all my fears
all my failures
all my everything
and the tears
run down my face
every drop
an ode
to the death
of my heart

free to close the door
and smash my head
against the wall
to kill the memories
of the things i did
and the things i did not do

free to take a step
towards the future
with nothing but
a blindfold
and my frail faith
in the promises
of the universe

free to wander
the dessert
thirsty and dry
for forty long years
in exile

free to hold on
to the stone
around my neck
and dive
into the ocean
of uncertainty

free to stand
frozen forever
gazing at the horizon
of the unattainable you
so far from me and foreign
are your eyes
when you dare to look
upon the object
of your retribution

free to sit and wonder
where your heart
has wandered
on nights like this
when the wolves
surround me

free to kneel
and pray
to the full moon
have mercy
on this suffering
mind

free to breath
to drink in the air
and fill my lungs
with truth
wisdom
and grace

free to lay down
in the green grass
gaze up at the blue sky
see the yellow sun
and laugh at it all

free
i stand at the crossroads
my choices are before me
i am free
free

No comments:

Post a Comment