Monday, June 27, 2011




i sink to the bottom
holding on
to my breath
until my lungs
are on fire
and my brain
screams stop!

and the hand
comes down from above
it grabs my hair
and pulls me up
to the shore
of second chances
and third times
around

there you are
with the sun
in your hair
speaking to me
with bright eyes
shining with life
as i gasp
and i choke
on my selfishness
and all my pride

you speak
and your voice
breaths life
into these brittle bones
you laugh
and your smile
fills me with hope


you hold me
so tight
and your arms
surround me
like a blanket
healing me
and setting me free
from the water
that pulls me down
into the darkness

i lay on the beach
gasping for air
breathing you in
and you are real
and you are there
and in an instant
you are gone

i lay alone
on the beach
with your lips
still lingering on mine
and i can smell you
like tulips
you fill my brain
with a new idea

the water cannot
pull me down
anymore

now
i can swim



No comments:

Post a Comment